You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

My HomePod makes a strange loud sound

My HomePod is making a very loud "Brfrrr" or farting-type sound. It just began a month or so ago and is random. I have done restarts and hard restarts, etc yet the sound comes back. It occurs when music is and is not playing. I need a fix for this issue or Apple should replace the unit

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

HomePod, 17

Posted on Sep 13, 2024 12:14 PM

9 replies

Sep 18, 2024 5:12 PM in response to HomepodIssue

Try this method:

Start by unplugging HomePod for over 24 hrs

plug back in and then proceed with the hard reset:

1. Unplug HomePod or unplug the power adapter for HomePod mini, wait 10 seconds, then plug HomePod back in.
  2. Wait 10 seconds, then touch and hold your finger to the top of HomePod.
  3. The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down. 
  4. Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset. When you hear three beeps, you can lift your finger.

After you reset HomePod, you can set up HomePod again.

This should hopefully stop the loud sounds from happening. Good luck!

Oct 4, 2024 9:00 AM in response to nv21

I have a pair bought over a year ago, one started with that same symptom and randomly beeps at night. I have no idea what went wrong and reset several times trying to solve it assuming some setup was wrong at my end.

However, all my work did not correct the HomePod 2nd Gen so I sent it to Apple authorized repair and at there concluded the logic board was faulty. Apple customer service basically told me the unit’s issue was reported after the warranty period expired, so that becomes my own issue and Apple’s not responsible for it.

Funny today, my second one of the pair bought starts to run into the same symptom like playing music at its own at full volume.

I’d say my confidence and trust on Apple is all gone.

My HomePod makes a strange loud sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.