You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple Music File Synching Error to iCloud

I recently purchased a live album directly from the bands website (Pearl Jam) in ALAC-HD MP4 format. I used my MacBook Pro to import the files into Apple Music. The music can be played from my MacBook but on my other devices (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV) it is greyed out and has a cloud icon with an "!" inside of the cloud icon. The songs will not play on any other device but the MacBook. The song in Apple Music on the MacBook indicates it has an "error" synching to the cloud but does not display what the error is.

I have "Synch files across devices" selected on my MacBook, iPhone Apple TV and iPad. I have confirmed the same AppleID is in use on all devices. I have turned off synch and turned it back on. I have deleted and re-imported the files into Apple Music. I suspect Apple Music Match is preventing the synch as the album is not on Apple Music. However, this is not a copyright infringement as I bought it directly from the artist. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Sep 13, 2024 1:16 PM

There are no replies.

Apple Music File Synching Error to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.