You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Signia Streamline only streaming sound to left side from my Apple macbook. Any suggestions?

I have a Signia streamline mic which connects via Bluetooth to my MacBook Air laptop, as a conduit for audio streaming direct to my two Signia Pure Charge & Go T 7AX hearing aids. It has worked in the past, but now will only stream to the left hearing aid.

Audiologist says it might be a firmware update issue, which I should be able to update by deleting and refreshing the Signia App. Tried that also.

I've tried:

• Disconnecting and forgetting Bluetooth for the Signia to MacBook
  • Disconnecting and forgetting the hearing aids from my iPhone 13 and Signia App
  • Disconnecting, deleting and resetting the Signia App from my iPhone 13 and hearing aids
  • Toggling the 'mono vs stereo' options.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Sep 14, 2024 6:59 PM

1 reply

Sep 15, 2024 4:47 PM in response to JB_starcatchingirl

Hi JB_starcatchingirl

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: Signia Streamline only streaming sound to left side from my Apple macbook. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your post to the community, and thank you kindly for listing the things you have already tried!

You may want to check your Mac OS settings: ie: From the Apple menu: Go to System Settings > Sound > Output ... there you can check the "Balance" slider is set in the middle. (You may want to try sliding it left and right a few times to check it is working, and / or check it works with your Signia set-up ok. )

If you still need help:

✽. You may want to look within the Signia app itself, to see if you can check on whether a Firmware update is available (or if the app is up-to-date) from within the app itself.

✽. If you haven't already, you might try updating your Mac to the newest MacOS Sonoma version.

What's new in the updates for macOS Sonoma - Apple Support says MacOS 14.6.1 is the latest update.

You can check in Settings > General > Software Updates to see if there is an update ready to install.

(NB: If so, It is wise to back-up your Mac's data before updating)

Else:

✽. If your Mac is already up-to-date, you may want to try re-starting MacOS. ((ie: deletes temporary files, re-establishes connections, may update recent setting changes, and often restores order if something is not working as expected. You can use Apple menu > Restart. Then wait, and log-back in when Mac has restarted.

All the best :-)

Signia Streamline only streaming sound to left side from my Apple macbook. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.