You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Extend a layer but not its applied behaviour

Is it possible to extend a layer but keeping the pre applied behaviours the same length?

Imagine this: I have a layer to which I've applied a ramp (out) behaviour. Whenever I try to increase the length of the layer the ramp behaviour also increases in the same proportion.... this results in having to rearrange every applied behaviour...

Is there any way to bypass this? Increase layer duration keeping behaviour duration?

Any help is deeply appreciated!

Thank you!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Sep 16, 2024 11:28 AM

8 replies

Sep 17, 2024 2:23 AM in response to m_reis

Ok, I think I see what is going on now.

The behavior is ending at the very same frame as the object.

Notice how only the "Ramp Out" changes, not "Ramp In"?

(by the way, it would change if you were to change the In point, though).

What seems to happen is that when a behavior goes to the very end of an object, it will follow when the end of that object changes.

A workaround: change the behavior first.

For example:

1) move the cursor 1 frame back from the end, select the behavior only, and press O (so now the behavior ends one frame before the object)

2) change the end of the object by pressing O. Notice how the behavior's end does NOT change.

3) adjust that frame from step 1.

Sep 16, 2024 11:36 AM in response to m_reis

Maybe I am not following completely, but this seems pretty straightforward.

Select the layer you want, place the playhead where you want it to end, press O. The behaviors' durations will not be altered:

The rectangle is selected. The playhead is farther to the right. If I now press O, the Rectangle will extend to the playhead position. The behaviors stay:

Extend a layer but not its applied behaviour

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.