You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Unable to update my iPad to iPadOS 18

I have an iPad with 32GB of memory, since I cannot delete enough apps or data to allow for an over the air update, I do it through iTunes on my computer. When I plug my iPad into my computer, iTunes asks if I want to download and update or just download iPadOS 18. When I select download and update, nothing happens. I have rebooted my computer which restarts the app and I have rebooted the iPad. If I select download, it downloads the iPadOS, but does nothing when I click on Update.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Sep 17, 2024 6:48 AM

3 replies

Sep 25, 2024 9:50 AM in response to WmH2

You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page.

Alternatively and perhaps more to your preference, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad or other Apple devices, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Sep 25, 2024 3:58 AM in response to WmH2

Something else to add to this issue. I have done every single iPadOS 17 update using this method through iTunes. I also just tried to get Apple support. But it looks like Apple only supports live messaging or a phone call. I would prefer email or to submit a request like the forum here.

Unable to update my iPad to iPadOS 18

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.