You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Where is "Favorite" in iPhone Photos app in iOS 18?

Hello,

where is favorite in photos in ios 18 ?? please answer me .. and i know i can do it in searth but i want another way same last ios .. thank you

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 18, 2024 3:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2024 12:35 PM

I don’t understand that move Favorites to the middle of nowhere in Photos App. I use it every time when I open App. Now I need to scroll and find it. How bad was that decision by Apple Developers’ Team?

32 replies

Oct 1, 2024 10:14 PM in response to AvrazArdi

Hate this update, but found the solution!

Here’s the fix:

1. Scroll down to Customize & Reorder.
  2. Ensure Pinned Collections is checked.
  3. Reorder the Pinned Collections row (tap on the three horizontal bars) and drag to the very top.

It will then show directly under your main photos album.

You can even modify your Pinned Collections further. But make sure to keep Favorites as the first album.

Oct 1, 2024 4:54 AM in response to AvrazArdi

So how should we send / use the favorite marked pictures through 3rd party apps like sending my fav pictures via whatsapp, opening my favorite pictures in Snapseed to edit them etc. they all work through accessing albums; which pinned collections isnt anymore. Apple made favorites completely useless. Not a single thought was put in the redesign. I really hope they backtrack this suboptimal redesign because the user experience is now abysmal.

Sep 25, 2024 7:45 AM in response to PabloGriff

Oh, did they change the name of favourites to pinned collections? That might’ve been more helpful if they explained that.

Because pinned collections so many other companies are using that terminology and I just thought that Apple was a little bit more distinct.

So you actually have to go into pin collections And then take out the things that you don’t want pinned and what’s left as the word favourites but you can’t change the name.

Sep 23, 2024 7:08 AM in response to Universriot

Universriot wrote:

I don’t understand that move Favorites to the middle of nowhere in Photos App. I use it every time when I open App. Now I need to scroll and find it. How bad was that decision by Apple Developers’ Team?

Have you told Apple how you feel?

Product Feedback - Apple

I love the redesign of Photos and have let Apple know.

Where is "Favorite" in iPhone Photos app in iOS 18?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.