You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

NSPOSIXErrorDomain:28

When I try to open a new tab on safari I get the error message: safari can’t open the page. The error is “the operation couldn’t be completed. No space left on device” (NSPOSIXErrorDomain:28) brand new air book 2024 with m3 chip.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Sep 18, 2024 5:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2024 5:49 AM

It means your MacBook is out of storage. To fix this, delete unnecessary files, empty the Trash, and check your storage by going to Apple Menu > About This Mac > Storage. If you still have problems, try restarting your MacBook.

6 replies

Sep 25, 2024 7:34 AM in response to seen_it_

I posted a comment, but Apple removed it since adding a link somehow violates their guidelines. In any case, link was to a bug tracker. Seems this is a known bug in Sarai's rendering engine. No idea why it hasn't been fixed right away if that's the case. I've tried every fix mentioned from searching online and nothing has worked. At this point, I've switched to the Brave browser. There's a lot I love about Brave, but Safari has remained my default browser for quite a while until this bug has made using Safari frustrating enough that it's just not worth it. Bummer.

Oct 11, 2024 7:29 PM in response to jaybrewer

Just got my first Apple computer and thought I’d been doing something wrong because I get this error 4-5 times, then give up, turn on my old PC, and get to work…rendering the MacBook Pro I just got useless. Glad to know I’m not the only one with this issue. Only thing that “works” is to restart the MacBook and even then it only works for a while before I get the error again. Any updates from Apple regarding a true fix would be really appreciated!

NSPOSIXErrorDomain:28

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.