You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 bug with the mail app

After updating to iOS 18, the mail app filters (flagged emails and unread emails filters) no longer work properly. If you choose to activate any -or both- of those filters, your aggregate inbox (where you see all the inboxes of all your email accounts combined into one inbox) shows up as empty (see attached screenshot) regardless of having unread and/or flagged emails, those will no longer show up at all. In my case there are 100s of flagged emails in all my

inboxes and several unread as well, but none of those appear as soon as you activate the email filters. So the only way to see unread and/or flagged emails after updating to iOS 18 is to have the flagged and unread email filters de activated.

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 19, 2024 3:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2024 10:32 AM

I only have one email account. It will update the “all mail” folder, but not the inbox folder.

I truly do not like the iso 18 update. I don’t like the calendar change, the photos change…why can’t APPLE just leave things alone and use updates for fixing bugs and such???

10 replies

Sep 20, 2024 2:19 PM in response to zach1821

I discovered the bug with iOS mail app under iOS 18….(is Apple listening?)….as long as your have no more than 10 email accounts, the combined inbox functions properly, meaning that flagged and unread emails appear as expected, as soon as you add one more (the 11th) email account the combined inbox shows up as empty when you activate the flagged and unread emails filters

iOS 18 bug with the mail app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.