You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

My phone cannot use AirPlay with homepod mini, but other devices can be used with homepod mini. How can I solve this problem?

My phone cannot use AirPlay with homepod mini, but other devices can be used with homepod mini. How can I solve this problem?

HomePod mini, 18

Posted on Sep 19, 2024 4:18 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 19, 2024 4:27 PM in response to Ada0865

Hello Ada0865,

There are a few possible explanations for why this might not be working. Here are some things you can check:

• Are your phone and HomePod on the same WiFi network?
  • Are your HomePod settings enabling people on the same network to use the HomePod?
  • Is your HomePod showing up in the Home app on your phone?
    • If so, is it showing up in apps like Music as an option to connect to for sound?
    • If it is in Music, for example, is it just not working, or is it giving you an error message?

I may be able to provide more feedback if you can answer some of these questions! Also, here’s a helpful video on using AirPlay by Apple Support: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxQSnLJoz8k

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.