You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Widgets in iPad OS 18 Today View Issues

Since updating to iPad OS 18, widgets are a mess in Today view. Specifically, once placed, they cannot be dragged (well, maybe 1/100 tries). This means, no rearranging of order and no stacks.

Also, existing stacks are virtually useless (more so on my 10th gen but all on the 7th gen). Unless you scroll a stack within a second of sliding to the Today page, you cannot scroll the stack. It is static.

iPad, iPadOS 18

Posted on Sep 19, 2024 7:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2024 3:29 PM

Seeing this issue on my M4 11” ipad pro as well. The problem goes away if I restart the device but will eventually creep back. Super annoying.

2 replies

Oct 8, 2024 2:33 PM in response to AppleDenver-325

I had this problem too! I found a solution.

1. Restart iPad. (May or may not be necessary.)
  2. Instead of long-pressing to get the wiggling icons, long press on the widget in Today view (while it's not moving).
  3. You'll get the option to resize widget, edit home screen, or remove the widget.

Hope this helps!

It'd be great if Apple could let us remove Today view widgets through the small (-) button like we can on the iPhone.

Widgets in iPad OS 18 Today View Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.