You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Safari not showing OneDrive files

Safari show empty OneDrive file list. Other browsers shows it correctly.

Problem appeared on my Mac Book Air 13, MacBook Air 15 and my MacMini after I've updated them all with MacOS Sequoia 15.0, Safari version is 18.0

OneDrive sync app is OK, I can work with the files in OneDrive's Finder folder, but I can't see them online through Safari. Chrome and Firefox are OK.

MacBook Air 15″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 20, 2024 12:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2024 1:25 PM

I have this problem too and all possible solutions don't work. The only thing I've managed to work out and which is a temporary solution is changing the folder view from list to tiles. This option works for me and in the tile view the folders display correctly. It's not a perfect solution, but it works.

23 replies

Oct 2, 2024 7:47 AM in response to ivanbg73

Hi everybody thanks a lot for all of you to join and discuss this problem and especially to piratx user.

Microsoft finally detected this as official OneDrive rendering issue.

Here is the link

https://admin.microsoft.com/#/homepage/:/alerts/OD902587

By 09/10/2024 it should by fixed

We’ve detected a rendering issue with the latest Safari browser version 18.1 accessing OneDrive for Business

Issue ID: OD902587

Affected services: OneDrive for Business

Issue type: Advisory

Start time: 1 Oct 2024, 20:18 EEST

User impact

Users may not see file names or icons when accessing OneDrive for Business using Safari browser version 18.1.

Action needed

While we’re working with our partner organizations to remediate impact, affected users should use an alternative browser such as Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome on their device or the OneDrive for Business apps for iOS, iPadOS and macOS in their respective app stores.

Additional diagnostics

There are no additional diagnostics for this event.

Current status

1 Oct 2024, 20:21 EEST

We’ve received reports of users encountering issues with the OneDrive for Business experience on iOS and macOS devices using Safari browser version 18.1. We’re working with our partner organizations to develop a fix for this issue. We recommend affected users access OneDrive for Business using an alternate browser such as Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox or Chrome on their device or the OneDrive for Business apps for iOS, iPadOS and macOS.

Next update by:

Wednesday 9 October 2024 at 00:00 EEST

Sep 23, 2024 12:56 AM in response to legrada1

It's not Apple's problem, but Microsoft's, they changed their interface in 2 phases in Semptember. Now the menu of all apps isn't in the edge left top side on the window view, but a bit inner and the round squared the whole thing.

Probably something in the code doesn't even like Safari a lot... or at all :)

You can test the same with Safari Technology Preview, which is exactly the same as the original Safari but 1) it get more updates 2) have a bits of settings for Developers only.. Safari Technology Preview - Safari - Apple Developer

Sep 20, 2024 1:34 PM in response to piratx

I've tried everything including cleaning off all the browser data. Come to solution that its all about content blockers functionality - something is wrong there and should be updated by Apple.

I saw that switching the content blocker on/off, the OneDrive files list with all details comes to screen and disappear quickly - definitely the problem is there.

Will use Chrome instead Safari for a week to see if other users had same problem as me - if not, I'll try a clear install on one of the devices with Sequoia

Thanks a lot piratx for your support, wish you nice weekend !

Sep 21, 2024 2:42 AM in response to ivanbg73

Yes, when you change blockers theres a flick for nanoseconds. I cant find from the inspector whats the code needed there and I enabled the new option for ticks on all site elements and tech/codes and i tried different combinations but no luck finding something there suddenly:(

Have a nice weekend and please try Safari Technology Preview!

Safari Technology Preview - Safari - Apple Developer

Sep 29, 2024 10:59 PM in response to aleksander217

Thanks for the folders view solution for truly!!. But i am guessing not even Microsoft uses that :)

Have you tried to use Safari Technology Preview? I used to do that on newer system cause that version of Safari get many many updates instead of the original one!

You can find it here Safari Technology Preview - Safari - Apple Developer

Also there are ways for someone to fix this with some plugin called TamperedMonkey and a script that calls/brings the missing icons and labels!

Sep 20, 2024 1:08 PM in response to ivanbg73

Deleted my whole Safari settings, cookies, website data and tried again. I can still see them but no icons for folders. It's like something on javascript the site is using that Safari blocks.

Try Settings > Advanced, enable Developer menu in the bottom. And then on sharepoint page, change the agent to Firefox and back to Safari etc. I see difference on mine!

Safari not showing OneDrive files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.