You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple Music "original file" pop up message fix

Migrating and upgrading to Sequoia. Confused Apple Music that keeps popping up a window about local file missing while I was streaming exclusively. I found out that it appears that some songs were automatically downloaded prior to migration and the process only moved the index file of Apple Music.

The fix is quite easy though but it took me a while to catch it... Go through each one of your playlists under the 3 dots menu you will find "Remove Download" which will reset the playlist back to its streaming state. You shouldn't have the popup anymore... Here's from Apple: Delete music in the Apple Music app - Apple Support (CA)

How to delete music on your Mac

1. Open the Apple Music app.
  2. In the sidebar, click Songs or Albums.
  3. Click More next to a song or click More over an album. Then choose from the following:
    • Remove Download: If the song is downloaded, you can remove the download from only your Mac. If you downloaded the music from the Apple Music catalog, the music will still appear in your library but it can be played only when your Mac is connected to the internet.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 20, 2024 2:17 PM

There are no replies.

Apple Music "original file" pop up message fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.