You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

HomePod Automation

I have set an automation for my HomePod to begin playing a playlist when I wake up in the morning. When it’s time, the HomePod will play 3 seconds of one sone, then a few seconds of another, then a complete song, before again only playing snippets of songs before landing on another it plays in full. I do not have shuffle toggled in the automation, and the playlist will play fine in full all other times. It’s quite annoying. Is this a bug to be remedied, or are HomePods just not up to par as a smart home device?

HomePod, 18

Posted on Sep 21, 2024 4:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2024 12:14 PM

Try deleting this Automation and creating a new one to test. Try the “Test Automation” to see if this works when you do that.

4 replies

Sep 23, 2024 11:45 PM in response to Nelsom

For 6 HomePods. Try recreating new automations eliminating (and then adding) some HomePods until you might determine if it’s one finicky HomePod causing the issues. I just had to do that with mine, I have 9. I finally figured out it’s one OG that didn’t seem to like being included. Must have started on a previous update on OS 17. Otherwise try restarting them - via the home app or unplug for 10 seconds. Rebooting your wifi might also do the trick.

HomePod Automation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.