You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

how do I identify songs in my Apple Music library that are linked to an ex-partner's account?

I have songs in my iTunes library that are linked to the account of an ex-partner. Every once in a while, usually when setting up a new iPhone, I get prompts to sign in to his account in order to validate those songs. The prompt eventually goes away, but only after I hit 'cancel' about two dozen times.

This isn't a life-or-death problem, but I'd rather just delete those songs from my library and be done with it. Problem is that I have no clue what songs came from his account.

So the big question is is there a way to easily identify those songs and delete them?

My devices:

-- 27-inch iMac, 2020 running Sonoma 14.6.1 & Apple Music 1.4.6.32

-- iPhone 16 Pro (running whatever came with the phone - it's still xfering from my backup!)

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 16 Pro, iOS 18

Posted on Sep 21, 2024 3:16 PM

There are no replies.

how do I identify songs in my Apple Music library that are linked to an ex-partner's account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.