You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

The Apple Music app's content language mismatches the UI language, and I couldn't find a way to change it

I live in Korea, my iCloud account's region is Korea, my Mac's system language is Korean, and the UI language of the Apple Music app is Korean. However, only the content language is displayed in English, and I can't find a way to fix it.

I tried changing the app language to English and then back to Korean, changing the account country to US and then back to Korea, signing out and signing back in, deleting and recreating the music library, and even reinstalling the macOS installation, but nothing worked.

This issue is really bothering me and makes the Mac version of the Apple Music app completely unusable.

When I add a new track to my library, the album and artist name is added in English, but the artist of the individual track is added in Korean, so that when viewed on the web/iOS version, all tracks in the album show the artist (originally this only happens when the artist of the album and the artist of the track are different).

This problem can be somewhat circumvented by only listening to music on the Mac app and adding it to My Library on the iOS app, but there's another issue that's impossible to work around. If you edit the metadata of a track or album in the Mac app, the album and artist of the edited track will be separated from the original track, creating an English version. What makes this problem even more hilarious is that this English version doesn't just appear separate in the iOS app, it also causes the album to appear separate in the Mac app, where the artist name is the same as the original version. Since metadata can only be edited on the Mac app, there is no way to edit metadata without issues.

These two serious issues make other issues, such as the fact that the order of playlists is completely different on the Mac and iOS apps when you set them to sort by title, seem so minor. I would really like to find a way to fix this, please.

Mac mini

Posted on Sep 21, 2024 7:45 PM

There are no replies.

The Apple Music app's content language mismatches the UI language, and I couldn't find a way to change it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.