You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How do I stop my Mac Mini asking for a password after my screen saver has started? If you tell me to go to settings and click on

If you tell me to go to settings and click on settings, lock screen and then require password etc. I cannot do that as sequia has greyed that out so I cannot click on it.

Mac mini, 15.0

Posted on Sep 22, 2024 11:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2024 11:34 AM

Is there a message under the grayed out Require password after screen saver or display is turned off..?

Is System Settings > Login Password > Automatically login after a restart > turned On...?

Is System Settings > Users & Groups > Automatically log in as > set to your User name...?

7 replies

Oct 16, 2024 1:32 AM in response to icelandman

Has anyone found a solution to this issue yet, it's so annoying. My Lock Screen settings for screensaver password is set too immediately and cannot be changed? I'm constantly having to log in.

All my searches have suggested adjusting options within the iPhone mirroring app but my 2019 iMac does not support the new mirroring app so will not let me access any settings to adjust. If I open iPhone mirroring app I get an error notice as attached and no option to change settings?? Ive even tried to uninstall iPhone mirroring app but can't.

Oct 16, 2024 4:02 AM in response to BDAqua

Has anyone found a solution to this issue yet, it's so annoying. My Lock Screen settings for screensaver password is set too immediately and cannot be changed? I'm constantly having to log in.

All my searches have suggested adjusting options within the iPhone mirroring app but my 2019 iMac does not support the new mirroring app so will not let me access any settings to adjust. If I open iPhone mirroring app I get an error notice as attached and no option to change settings?? Ive even tried to uninstall iPhone mirroring app but can't.

How do I stop my Mac Mini asking for a password after my screen saver has started? If you tell me to go to settings and click on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.