You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How do I transfer music from CD to iPod Classic?

Trying to load a new CD Music to iTunes/iPod classic is NOT happening.

What am I not doing correctly?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 22, 2024 1:39 PM

3 replies

Sep 23, 2024 1:54 AM in response to tlfmd

tlfmd wrote:

What am I not doing correctly?

It's difficult to say without a bit more detail.

Trying to load a new CD Music to iTunes/iPod classic is NOT happening.

Have you successfully copied the music into your iTunes library and does it play in iTunes? If not, post back with detail about the point at which the process is not working for you and we'll go from there.

Once the music is playing in your iTunes library, have you previously copied music to this specific iPod and was it by using Sync? If so, is the sync set to synchronise the entire music library, or only selected playlists, artists, albums and genres? The setting for this is found by connecting the iPod to iTunes and looking on the Device/Settings/Music menu (see the screenshot below. The display will show Device/Settings/Summary pane, switch to the Music pane by selecting the Music option, numbered 1. (the orange text) in the screenshot. The option to Sync Music (2.) should already be on. Finally, which option in 3. is selected?

If it's the option to sync only selected playlists, artists, albums and genres, then the music needs to be included in one of the lists that are set to synchronise with the iPod.

Sep 25, 2024 10:59 AM in response to tlfmd

tlfmd wrote:

I tried to access the key list to access music on iTunes,

I don't know what you mean by accessing the key list.

Have you installed the new apps, I think they're named the Apple Music, Apple Devices, Apple TV. If you have, I believe that would prevent you seeing the music imported from your CDs. Uninstall the apps.

How do I transfer music from CD to iPod Classic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.