You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Ghost Home Hubs Not Responding

The option to select a Home Hub in iOS 18 will not appear as long as there is at least 1 Home Hub not responding. I have 2 Home Hubs not responding - from older Apple TVs that have been erased, reset, Removed from Apple Account. They no longer appear in iCloud’s Find My, nor in the list of devices signed in with my Apple IDS. I have signed out of all devices (Apple ID - iCloud) signed back in, restarted the router multiple times, restarted my iPhone 13 Pro many times, but they persist. How do I get rid of them completely?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 18

Posted on Sep 24, 2024 6:56 AM

1 reply

Sep 26, 2024 9:20 AM in response to claybrowne

Similar story on my end. I have an AppleTV that was errantly added to my primary residence (in Home app) while setting the device up in a second home. I removed the device in the Home app and reset it before adding it back in the correct home within the Home app. This was months ago. The device works properly (as AppleTV and HomeHub in secondary residence), appears in the correct home within the Home app, and did not appear as unresponsive in my primary home until iOS 18 - even though it is not listed as a device in any of my primary home's rooms. I removed the AppleTV from my secondary home within the Home app as well as from my list of devices in iCloud. It sill shows as unresponsive in my primary home.

There are quite a few posts elsewhere on this issue but none (that I have seen) have a viable fix.

Ghost Home Hubs Not Responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.