You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Annoying and Erroneous "Input Temporarily Not Working" Message

This happened in visionOS 1, and it seems to happen even more often in 2. I connect to my Mac to use the Vision Pro as my Mac screen. Everything works as it should. No problems. But the message "Input temporarily not working / Trying to reconnect, please wait" appears at the top of the Mac virtual screen.

But there is no problem. The only input devices would be the trackpad and keyboard connected to my Mac. I have no Bluetooth input devices connected to the Vision Pro. And the keyboard and trackpad are working fine.

What makes this a problem is that the message obscures the top middle of the Mac virtual screen. So it covers up critical Menu Bar items, toolbar buttons and even the address field in Safari.

Anyone else experienced this? There's another post from May, but it is closed to new replies. I'm hoping someone knows a trick to get this message to go away. I tried switching the keyboard/trackpads on and off, connecting them with cables, and it doesn't make a difference.

Apple Vision Pro, visionOS 2

Posted on Sep 24, 2024 10:03 AM

1 reply

Sep 25, 2024 6:39 AM in response to rosenz

Hi! (fellow AVP owner here)

I too experience this issue... It typically goes away for me after a few seconds, but sometimes I have to restart Mac Virtual Display to resolve the issue.

Some additional troubleshooting steps would be checking that your Mac is updated to the latest version of macOS, and that your Vision Pro is updated to the latest visionOS version. You can try seeing if the issue is present when using another Mac, and check your network's stability.

-Dallen

Annoying and Erroneous "Input Temporarily Not Working" Message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.