You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Logic 11 is buggy to the point of unusable

Logic 11 is constantly crashing. Also when flex editing random flex markers keep popping up creating clicks and pops. I think I need a new DAW. Logic is broken to the point of being unusable. Maybe cuz I'm on an intel imac they no longer care or support this system.

iMac 27″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Sep 25, 2024 6:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2024 3:09 PM

I, too, have been using Logic for more than twenty, in fact almost thirty, years, right back to when it was Emagic and Midi was controlled latency-free via the AMT8, a smart device built by someone in the picturesque German city of Mölln. For more than twenty years, my system was stable to the point of running for weeks on end without a single reboot or restart of Logic. Countless songs produced, mixed and mastered.

These days, I can be happy if one of the plugins doesn't crash while I'm working. But the most frustrating thing is that the focus does not seem to be on fixing all these obvious bugs, but instead on offering the next shiny thing like Apple Intelligence. Too many people are at this very moment leaving for Cubase, FL Studio, Ableton and Reaper.

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 27, 2024 3:09 PM in response to Boyfatslim

I, too, have been using Logic for more than twenty, in fact almost thirty, years, right back to when it was Emagic and Midi was controlled latency-free via the AMT8, a smart device built by someone in the picturesque German city of Mölln. For more than twenty years, my system was stable to the point of running for weeks on end without a single reboot or restart of Logic. Countless songs produced, mixed and mastered.

These days, I can be happy if one of the plugins doesn't crash while I'm working. But the most frustrating thing is that the focus does not seem to be on fixing all these obvious bugs, but instead on offering the next shiny thing like Apple Intelligence. Too many people are at this very moment leaving for Cubase, FL Studio, Ableton and Reaper.

Sep 27, 2024 6:03 AM in response to Boyfatslim

Boyfatslim wrote:
(...)
Apple m3pro 36gb ram sequoia 15
logic 11.0.1
(...)

Did you have problems before updating to sequoia? Can you go back to MacOS Sonoma?

Most providers have not confirmed that their software works with Sequoia.

From Native-Instruments website:

"Currently, Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported on macOS 15 Sequoia. We do not recommend updating to macOS 15 at this time."

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/macos-sequoia-compatibility-guide/?utm_content=sweetwater.sjv.io%2FLXj3do

https://www.production-expert.com/apple-macos-sequoia-audio-compatibility-chart

You can send bug reports here:

Feedback - Logic Pro - Apple

Sep 26, 2024 12:40 PM in response to Diegel

I agree. I tried to record a 15 minute long part of a 4 track into logic. Crashed several times. Crashes in sessions, crashes when I quit(!) Logic, dragging plugins is so slow it actually often chooses a plugin that was next to the one I wanted to drag. Kontakt is a nightmare to load. Plugins are taking ages to load. I’ve used logic for more than 20+years now. The extra power I get from my m3 is great but the stability of logic is nothing short of poor even if I like it’s new features. please, please, please fix these issues Apple. I have very tight deadlines with clients. my workflow is really being stretched as far as it can go. I don’t really care whether other programs run well. I only have a Mac because I run logic!…

Sep 27, 2024 11:12 AM in response to Diegel

Hello.

I also have a 2019 Intel iMac and so far I have had some bugs. I have had crashes mainly when, upon exiting Logic Pro, I say "Yes" to the question about saving the project. Then it freezes. Although the project saves correctly. In my case, if I save manually before, and then upon exiting, I say "no" to the question about saving, then it usually does not crash.

Only once has it crashed while I was working on a project, but it is certainly a nuisance.

I also find that it is extraordinarily slow to load third-party plugins and with some workflows with tracks.

At first I thought it was a conflict with some third-party plugin, but I did a clean installation of the Mac and tried Logic without third-party plugins, except Kontakt, and it still crashed when I clicked "Yes" to the question about saving when closing the program.

I hope they release an update soon to fix all these issues and continue to support those of us with Intel Macs. What frustrates me is that the Logic team is very slow in releasing updates.

Logic 11 is buggy to the point of unusable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.