You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

I ask HomePods to play all songs by a specific artist, but then it stops playing after just one song

I have an extensive music library, and I pay for iTunes Music Match. I used to be able to ask my HomePod to play all songs by a specific artist or band. And when I did, the HomePod would then play all the songs by that artist in my collection one after the other. But now, when I ask HomePod to play all songs by [and I mention the artists' name), the HomePod will play one song by that artist or band and then just stop completely.

I am running HomePod OS 18, but this change was even occurring with 17.6. And I have more than one HomePod and it's the same situation on all of them. I saw in an Apple Community posting posted on June 17, 2024, that they reported a similar situation. No one responded to that person's help request. So, I am submitting the issue again since follow-ups are no longer allowed on that prior posting. Thank you.

Posted on Sep 25, 2024 12:48 PM

5 replies

Sep 25, 2024 1:12 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you, tt2, for the suggestion. I already did all the usual, but please know that the HomePods respond perfectly when asking for a song title, or when asking to play by just saying artist's name. It also can play all songs in any of my playlists. The problem is specifically related to the command "Play All Songs By...." The HomePod will absolutely play the first song fully, but then not continue to play the rest of the songs by that same artist that are in my library. Since this is happening to someone else, my guess is that after an update, this feature stopped working.

I ask HomePods to play all songs by a specific artist, but then it stops playing after just one song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.