You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Music app will not play CD to AirPods or other Bluetooth headphones/speaker

When using a Mac with an external CD drive the Music app will not play the CD directly to AirPods or other BT device such as HomePod or google home. I have read on another locked post that this is happening to other users.

I have discovered that I can use QuickTime or QuickLook in the finder to play the audio files by opening the CD that mounts on your desktop/finder. You can then Open with>QuickTime or simply press the spacebar to play using QuickLook. Hopefully that work around helps somebody out.

Long term I hope Apple fixes this apparent bug in the Music.app

Alternatively you can import (rip) the CD into your music library and it will play as expected though any device you select... but it is not expected behavior to have it not play direct from a CD to BT devices.

As many other users have said, we would like to listen to the CD before we import the entire album.. so just importing the album to listen to it on AirPods is not ideal

Mac mini, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 25, 2024 2:04 PM

There are no replies.

Music app will not play CD to AirPods or other Bluetooth headphones/speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.