You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

My iPad's voice control has been activated how to unlock the screen

My iPad' voice control has been activated. I cannot open the lock screen

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 26, 2024 4:25 PM

1 reply

Sep 27, 2024 9:46 PM in response to ghufran82

Hi ghufran82

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "My iPad' voice control has been activated. I cannot open the lock screen"

That may depend on the iPad model, the iOS version installed, and the Voice Control settings you have chosen:

Also: "When VoiceOver is on, you need to use special gestures to unlock iPad, go to the Home Screen, open Control Center, switch apps, and more".

"Unlock iPad

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press the Home button using the finger you registered with Touch ID.

• On an iPad with Touch ID: Rest your finger on the top button using the finger you registered with Touch ID.

• On an iPad with Face ID: Wake iPad and glance at it, then drag up from the bottom edge of the screen until you hear two rising tones (if Face ID is enabled).

If prompted, enter your passcode. To avoid having your passcode spoken as you enter it, enter your passcode silently using handwriting mode or type onscreen braille."

Above is from Apple Support's online articles below.

______________________________________________________________________________________

The Articles also have more info. that may be helpful:

Eg: Articles for iPadOS 17: See how to: Operate iPad when VoiceOver is on - Apple Support

and

See how to: Use Voice Control to interact with iPad - Apple Support

Else: _____________________________

if you have upgraded to iPadOS 18: See: Operate iPad when VoiceOver is on - Apple Support

and

See: Use Voice Control commands to interact with iPad - Apple Support

(NB: If needed: For accuracy, you can choose earlier iPadOS versions at the top of each article)

If you find you need more help with this situation, please feel free to reply and let us know:

or

See: How to contact Apple for accessibility support - Apple Support

All the best :-)

My iPad's voice control has been activated how to unlock the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.