You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple Music App crashing when clicking and dragging songs in a specific playlist

I have been using iTunes (and now Apple Music) to compile music I've downloaded and imported to the app from all corners of the internet before modifying their album covers and information like titles to use in homebrew D&D campaigns for years now and have had no problems with it until I upgraded to MacOS Sequoia very recently.

Ever since then, I began noticing something when I added new music to and began trying to edit a playlist of music I garnered over the years. When I clicked and dragged any song from that playlist that I downloaded and added before the update - it would cause the entire app to crash. Yet it would still allow me to freely click and drag any new song I add to the playlist without a hitch.

I tried opening the Apple Music app in safe mode, opening a new library by opening the app while holding the Option key, making duplicates of the entire playlist in both the old and new library - and still the same result every time. I click and drag one of the songs I already put it in and the app just crashes every time. This is apparently only an issue with one specific playlist rather than others I have saved on my Apple Music library.

Here is the log it gives me in a pop-up window after it crashes:

I would honestly prefer to avoid deleting the entire playlist and making it again since it took years to compile all the music together. If you guys have any suggestions on how to fix this without deleting any of the modifications I made to the songs I imported including the playlist order, I'm open to trying it. I'm really at the end of my rope here and don't know what else to do.

Thank you so much in advance!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Sep 26, 2024 8:19 PM

1 reply

Apple Music App crashing when clicking and dragging songs in a specific playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.