You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How do I listen to my music on the go?

I can't sync my iPod classic 80GB with iTunes so I can't download my new music to my iPod. I have downloaded Apple devices to my computer where I can see the music on the iPod. To sync my iPod with the music I have paid for I was told to download Apple Music (Which is a subscriprion service I don't want, all I want to do is pay for the music i want and add it to my playlists, not listen to radio, podcasts and a spotify type of service). I downloaded Apple Music and low and behold I still can't sync my iPod to Apple Music as the Apple Devices app tells me apple music is not downloaded on my computer. So two things 1) how can I download the tracks from Apple Music onto my iPod. 2) If Apple won't let that happen, how can I listen to the music I have paid for when I am out and about. I don't have an iPhone so downloading it to one of those is a none starter.

Regards

Windows, Windows 11 (22631)

Posted on Sep 27, 2024 3:22 AM

1 reply

Sep 27, 2024 5:45 AM in response to OldBoy154

Apple's naming conventions sometimes leave a bit to be desired and this is an example. There are two products called Apple Music:

• the subscription service - which offers access to a lot of music while you pay the monthly subscription
    • the app for Windows computers

Music from Apple Music the subscription service cannot be added to an iPod Classic. The service requires occasional access to the internet in order to validate the subscription. However, the iPod Classic does not have internet access.

The app, Apple Music parly replaces iTunes. However, it is far from a full replacement at this time. To continue to have access to the music that you have purchased, uninstall Apple Music (the app) and return to iTunes.

How do I listen to my music on the go?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.