You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

HomePod 2nd Gen distorted sound after 2 days

Hi,

since a couple of days I experience some issue with 2 HomePods 2nd Gen. Both are in a stereo pair and having iOS 18 installed. After approx. 2 days, both are starting to create a distorted sound during audio playback. Stopping and starting the playback does not solve the issue. Only restarting the HomePods stops the audio distortion, until they start again after 2 days.

The distorted audio is produced from both of them. Sometimes the distortion jumps back and forth between both, or they are doing it in parallel.

If I use AirPlay with other HomePods, then it usually starts the way, that a delay in the audio playback between the HomePods is starting. Shortly after this, the distorted sound happens.

I did not experienced the "popping sound", where a couple of HomePod Gen 1 were affected in the past.

Has someone experienced a similar issue, or is there maybe already a community thread about this issue which I missed?

Unfortunately, I cannot attach the audio capture I have.

Thanks a lot in advance for feedback/ideas.

Posted on Sep 27, 2024 11:33 PM

There are no replies.

HomePod 2nd Gen distorted sound after 2 days

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.