You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Safari Version 18.0 Bug

I cannot open Safari Settings after upgrading to Version 18.0.

Is there a solution/alternative to open Safari Settings?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.7

Posted on Sep 28, 2024 9:26 AM

6 replies

Oct 4, 2024 11:02 AM in response to brian mck

My wife has a MacBook Air and she upgraded the operating system to Sequoia 15.0.1. After opening Safari (Version 18.0.1), Settings doesn't launch - same as for Ventura 13.7.

She tried rebooting 4 times after downloading Sequoia 15.0.1 and still Safari Settings doesn't launch.

Perhaps there is some fault/bug with Safari Version 18.0 and upwards?

Oct 4, 2024 11:36 PM in response to brian mck

I upgraded Safari to Version 18.0.1, but the issue of Safari Settings not launching still exists.

I also rebooted after the upgrade, but still the Safari Settings doesn't launch.

Other than calling Apple Support is there any other way to make Apple aware of this issue so they can propose a fix?

No one else has added to this post and I can only assume no one else is having issues in launching Safari Settings?

Oct 5, 2024 5:49 AM in response to brian mck

Previously when the Safari Settings were active I clicked the Profile option in the Safari Settings, but nothing displayed. So I closed the Safari Settings window.

I continued troubleshooting and saw an option to Create Profile as shown in the attached image. I clicked this option and the Safari Settings window re-appeared.

Problem resolved.

Safari Version 18.0 Bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.