You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Duplicate photos in iOS 18, put at end of camera roll

Very frustrating that iOS 18 now when you duplicate photos, they go next to the original photo and not at end of camera roll, which was much better. Does anyone know how to get duplicate photos in iOS 18 to go to end of camera roll? Or if Apple is listening, please go back to the way it was in previous iOS. So frustrating to not have a duplicate at the end of camera roll.

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 18

Posted on Sep 28, 2024 3:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2024 2:56 AM

This absolutely baffled and annoyed me as well, but eventually I found that if you pull down on your camera roll you'll get the hidden options of sorting by Year, Months or All and you get the sorting options (the two up and down arrows) by Recently Added instead of Date Captured, which makes your duplicates go at the end of camera roll once again as used to. I am a less angry person again now.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 1, 2024 2:56 AM in response to KimCreate

This absolutely baffled and annoyed me as well, but eventually I found that if you pull down on your camera roll you'll get the hidden options of sorting by Year, Months or All and you get the sorting options (the two up and down arrows) by Recently Added instead of Date Captured, which makes your duplicates go at the end of camera roll once again as used to. I am a less angry person again now.

Sep 29, 2024 9:16 PM in response to markwmsn

Oh, OK. Great! Thank you so much for the info! Yes, I was frustrated because I was hoping that when I duplicate a photo that it should go to the end of the camera roll instead of duplicating next to the original photo like it always was! It should go to the end of the camera roll like always!

Just wanted it back to iOS 17! I did see other people also complaining the same thing. But I thought maybe someone had a trick to make a duplicate to the end of the camera roll so that’s what I was posting and hoping for some help.

Actually, there are so many things that I dislike about iOS 18 photo so I think I’m going to go back to the previous iOS 17 because they made too many changes that make things more difficult for me. I’ll try sending a message to.Apple feedback as you suggested and maybe if they get enough complaints they’ll make a change! Thank you

Oct 2, 2024 3:43 PM in response to mondrup8240

Oh wow! Thank you so so much! I’m so glad that you told me this! I figured I was doing something wrong or didn’t know the trick to make it work. Thank you so much for the update and this makes things a lot easier. There’s still a bunch of things I do not like about the iOS 18 photo app But this is a huge help so thank you so so much! I will try this now.

Duplicate photos in iOS 18, put at end of camera roll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.