You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Safari does not go to any other site than apple.

I hate adding anything to the standard apps provided by the computer manufacturer. But, on one of my computers, Safari does respond to any site except Apple.

I do not believe I changed any settings in either Safari or System Preferences that could have this effect. Duckduckgo works just fine, which I think, eliminates any changes to System Preferences.

Mac mini, macOS 13.4

Posted on Sep 29, 2024 6:24 AM

3 replies

Sep 30, 2024 9:29 AM in response to Whickwithy

I found the strangest setting in Network/Firewall/Options. Under the list of possible connections, I find that all Safari incoming connections are 'Block Incoming Connections'. I tried setting it to 'Allow Incoming Connections' and deleting the entry for Safari. In both cases, once I go back to check Options, Safari is, once again, set to 'Block Incoming Connections'!

I have no entry for Safari regarding connections on my other computers. It is very strange, though I must say I like the way my alternate browser is working.

Safari does not go to any other site than apple.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.