You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to set up Apple Home Automation Timer?

Hello all,

how to set automation of the device (Fibaro singl switch) to turn off 2 hours after switching on in the Apple home?

So that it turns off the on switch after 2h as a timer.

Thanks a lot

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 18

Posted on Sep 29, 2024 12:44 PM

6 replies

Sep 29, 2024 8:44 PM in response to vladimír81

Set up an automation in the Home app, rather than in the Fibaro iPhone app.

See Apple's instruction for setting an automation in Create scenes and automations with the Home app - Apple Support

Choose the option 'A time of day occurs' and follow the prompts. Part of this action is the option to choose a time to turn off the smart device. Alternatively, you could set a second automation to turn off the same device at a specific time.

Oct 1, 2024 7:11 AM in response to vladimír81

Hello Vladimir,

In the Home app, you would have to use a 2nd smart device. You would create a Home automation based on the trigger of this 2nd smart device to turn on the light (Fibaro). The automation would allow you to turn off the light after a certain amount of time.

Here is an example using a switch (called “Basement Dummy Switch”) that turns on the light (called “Island Lights”):

Otherwise, there are 3rd party apps with powerful automation features. You could look at Controller for HomeKit, for instance.

Oct 20, 2024 7:24 AM in response to Mpainesyd

Based on the info I see below while on the Home app, (“you can put rooms on timers”) I am assuming I can set a timer, not a time-of-day automation, to perform a function. My goal is to turn a device (say bathroom light) off in a predefined time after it is turned on either by Home app, or by the wall switch. I have not found a way to do this as of yet.

How to set up Apple Home Automation Timer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.