You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Hama hub hdmi problems

Hello :)

I am using an Hama USB 3.1 Type C Hub + HDMI for my second display.

But i have some problems with it...If i turn off or restart my mini mac, it doesn't recognise anymore my second display.

I need to unplug the usb type c for 2-5 second and plug again in the type C port, after that the screen is working perfect.

Does someone know how to bypass this problem and make the mini mac always see the second display? Even if i turn it off or restart the mac?

I even bought an USB special hub that needs "DisplayLink", i have the same problem.. :(

Thank you!

Mac mini, macOS 14.5

Posted on Sep 29, 2024 9:07 PM

5 replies

Sep 30, 2024 6:57 AM in response to mihaidev

For some reason it happen to me once in a while that second monitor does not wake up on mac mini 2018. However, having a cheap HDMI selector i just push button on this until it land again on the proper port and that solve the problem. In your case, unplugging and plugging back physically on the port of the mac is far less a good approach as you may end up damaging the port. I’d rather prefer to scrap a $50 hdmi selector (in my experience, i have replaced both selectors once every 2 years or so, one at a time).

Sep 30, 2024 8:40 AM in response to mihaidev

What brand and model are the Displays..?

I'm asking to find out, if there is another connection besides HDMI that can be used for one or both displays.

To compare notes with you and lanstrad1. My 2018 Mac mini has a similar issue, except that it is the display on the HDMI port that fails to relight and not the display on the USB-C port.

To overcome part of the problem, I leave the 2018 Mac mini on 24-7 and only allow the displays to turn off after 10 minutes. I almost never Shutdown and only Restart when required to by an update. Your milage may very using manual computer sleep overnight from the drop-down menu. Sometimes both displays return from computer sleep and sometime only one display returns from computer sleep.

Hama hub hdmi problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.