You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Side Button Double Click doesnt work (iOS 18)

Hello, dear Community,

I just got my iPhone SE (2022) and updated it to iOS18 and set up my wallet with my Debit Card.

I turned on the Option to Double Click the side Button but the Double Click doesnt work, it just locks the Phone.

restarting, turning the Option off an on again, taking off the case, nothing seems to fix this issue.

BTW - there is no Option in accessibilities for the side Button anymore, so I cant change the Click speed of it.

can anyone help?

I‘d really Like to be able to use Apple Pay….

BR

iPhone SE

Posted on Sep 30, 2024 5:50 PM

1 reply

Oct 2, 2024 11:04 PM in response to Jukiii

Hi Jukiii

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "Side Button Double Click doesnt work (iOS 18)"

You can adjust accessibility settings for the side button (on an iPhone with Face ID)

or Home button (on other iPhone models).

See how to: Adjust settings for the side or Home button on iPhone - Apple Support

Re: BTW - there is no Option in accessibilities for the side Button anymore, so I cant change the Click speed of it.

The article above says:

"Go to Settings  > Accessibility, then tap Side Button (on an iPhone with Face ID)

or Home Button (on other iPhone models)

Set:

• Click Speed: Choose the speed required to double-click or triple-click the button—Default, Slow, or Slowest.

Re: I‘d really Like to be able to use Apple Pay….

If you have the iPhone SE (3rd. gen) model:

Seems a fingerprint sensor is built into the Home button so you can use Touch ID.

How to: Identify your iPhone model - Apple Support

Apple support has an article on how to: Set up Apple Pay - Apple Support

Eg: The above article may guide you to:

"Verify your information with your bank or card issuer. They might ask you to provide more information or to download an app before approving your card for use with Apple Pay."

or

If you need more help with an accessibilty feature:

You may want to reach out to Apple's Accessibility Support Team:

How to contact Apple for accessibility support - Apple Support

or

For Apple Pay: contact the Apple Pay Support Team.

There is a "Get Support" link (phone or online-chat etc) at the bottom of their webpage.

Apple Pay - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

Side Button Double Click doesnt work (iOS 18)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.