You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Logic Pro 11.0.1 Crashing on Export All Audio Files

Hi Folks, I have a finished project which I'm trying to send for mixing, no matter what I do, everytime I try and export my audio files, Logic crashes.

2021 Apple M1 Max Macbook Pro

32 GB Ram

Logic Pro 11.0.1

Please help!

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 30, 2024 11:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2024 5:51 AM

I had the same problem once I updated to OS 15.

I later discovered that audio export worked with a new user so I tried to see which file inside the user folder was crashing Logic. Well it was the Logic folder (inside user's Music folder), or rather that alias that I had put in place of that folder, since I manage all the audio material I work with from an external hard drive.

Once I threw away and redid that alias (to be precise I created a symbolic link) everything started working again without problems. So I imagine that anyone who has problems exporting audio is because they have, like me, modified the user's logic folder. Let me know!

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 2, 2024 5:51 AM in response to Karan Khosla

I had the same problem once I updated to OS 15.

I later discovered that audio export worked with a new user so I tried to see which file inside the user folder was crashing Logic. Well it was the Logic folder (inside user's Music folder), or rather that alias that I had put in place of that folder, since I manage all the audio material I work with from an external hard drive.

Once I threw away and redid that alias (to be precise I created a symbolic link) everything started working again without problems. So I imagine that anyone who has problems exporting audio is because they have, like me, modified the user's logic folder. Let me know!

Oct 2, 2024 1:06 AM in response to Karan Khosla

Try one of these.

For me, moving com.apple.logic10.plist file worked.

Sometimes crashes are caused by corrupted preferences:

• Quit Logic Pro.
  • Navigate to ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic10.plist and move this file to the desktop (you can access this by using Go > Go to Folder in Finder and typing ~/Library/Preferences).
  • Restart Logic Pro. This will reset preferences, but your projects will remain intact.
  • Try exporting the track again.

4. Delete Logic Pro Cache

Cache files can also cause issues, especially with export functions:

• Go to ~/Library/Caches.
  • Find any folders related to Logic Pro and move them to the trash.
  • Restart Logic Pro and attempt the export again.

5. Check for Plugins

If you're using third-party plugins, one of them might be causing the crash during export:

• Test in Safe Mode: Launch Logic Pro while holding Control to start it in plug-in safe mode. Then try exporting.
  • Disable Plugins: Try exporting with all third-party plugins disabled to see if one is causing the problem. You can selectively disable them in Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio Units Manager.

Logic Pro 11.0.1 Crashing on Export All Audio Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.