You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

I see duplicated songs in the library after iOS 18 update

I recently updated to iOS18 as one does. I randomly noticed one day I had one or two songs that were duplicated. Which didn’t concern me at first, but the more I looked into my library I noticed that many of my songs are duplicated. I have no idea how many but it’s a lot.

coincidentally, I took a screwnshot of the information that’s displayed in about in settings right after updating. For some reason, I always do this with large updates. So the day I updated it said I had 402 songs, jump to now it says I have 1,065. Which, I’m not sure if the change in numbers displayed has anything to do with songs being duplicated.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 1, 2024 12:43 PM

2 replies

Oct 18, 2024 2:43 PM in response to Kaleking

I’m also seeing this, however,I add my own music to Apple Music, so I assumed it was related to adding my library? Are you adding your own music to your library, which was not purchased from Apple or not purchased from Apple recently? I also suggest looking at how much cache or iOS data system data has built up in your device? It’s under settings> general> storage? If there’s too much, it causes a ripple effect and the devices run a little cranky. I clear it by going to the bottom in General and I hit QUIT. Then reset network. Also clear cellular data, as well as Safari, News etc…additionally some apps such as YouTube, video editing apps build up a huge amount of data. I remove those often? Wonder if any of these solutions might help?

best of luck…

nightsatin

I see duplicated songs in the library after iOS 18 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.