You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Audio Interface Not Available; MIDI Port No Longer Exists

The problem: these (& similar) error messages pop up every time I load any of a bunch of songs.

I have… ooh… a hundred or so songs suffering from the same problem, & I can't find a way to fix it be re-saving the songs, since I can't find the devices in preferences to turn them off!

I've scoured the manual looking for a way to deal with this.

I don't have these devices & I don't want to 'remember' them, so it's "thank you goodbye", but it seems if you can't find them in prefs, you can't deselect them — meaning every time you launch one of these songs, the same messages appear. Most of the songs have more than two of these messages, so it gets a bit time-consuming having to okay all the error messages. (And no, I don't want to export everything from a hundred songs & create them again just to fix this ridiculous glitch.)

Here are two typical error messages:

iMac 24″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 2, 2024 5:27 AM

There are no replies.

Audio Interface Not Available; MIDI Port No Longer Exists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.