You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Unable to receive or make calls from iPhone post iOS 18 update

Is anyone else having issues with calls failing/not being able to receive calls after iOS 18 update? It starts working again temporarily after switching phone off and on again, but within a few hours, I can't make or receive calls again until I restart the phone. This started immediately after updating to iOS 18.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 2, 2024 6:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2024 9:28 AM

Team… is there any resolution for call failed ??? Since ios 18 I am facing this issue a do you want your users to switch??? From ios to Android??? Need urgent assistance.

15 replies

Oct 2, 2024 9:32 AM in response to c.sayers

c.sayers wrote:

Is anyone else having issues with calls failing/not being able to receive calls after iOS 18 update? It starts working again temporarily after switching phone off and on again, but within a few hours, I can't make or receive calls again until I restart the phone. This started immediately after updating to iOS 18.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

click here If your call fails or you can’t receive calls on your iPhone - Apple Support

Oct 14, 2024 11:20 AM in response to c.sayers

Hello,

I was able to fix this over the weekend. In my case (iPhone 13; iOS 18.0.1):

-Incoming calls (excluding FaceTime) would not ring and go straight to Voicemail. This issue also left no missed call notification. I would only get Voicemails

-SMS Texts would fail to send (not including iMessage)

Solution: My carrier reset my line connection on their end (AT&T 611) and calls started coming in. After, I turned off RCS Messages and the SMS Texting started working again.

RCS: Settings > Messages > Scroll down to RCS > Toggle Off

Hope this helps!

-JippyJay

Unable to receive or make calls from iPhone post iOS 18 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.