You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to cancel an iCloud subscription through a Browser?

I have come across a staggering amount of dead end topics.

So I don't even have a Windows PC, Mac, or iPhone, much less anything with any iCloud app installed.

My home PC is Fedora Linux and I have an Android phone.

So none of the typical "how to cancel your subscription" advice works.

I SHOULD NOT have to download an app only to cancel a subscription and uninstall it. That is insane, and don't anyone dare 'sanewash' that idea by suggesting it again.

I need to cancel my iCloud subscription WITH A BROWSER.

If I am unable to cancel through a browser, then I will block my credit card from paying out for any more subscription items to Apple, god forbid it's easier to do that than to simply cancel my iCloud subscription.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 2, 2024 2:13 PM

4 replies

Oct 2, 2024 7:54 PM in response to trebory6

trebory6 wrote:

You've got to be kidding me. You literally just posted the same exact useless help article that lead to me making this post.

Everything you need is in the article.

You mean the iPhone I had 2 years ago? That I turned into Tmobile when I got a new phone?

I used to own an iPhone, I had probably 8 years of photos on my iPhotos, so I kept iCloud/iPhotos as a backup just in case after I transferred everything over to Google Photos.

It's been 3 years, I still pay for it, realized I have never gone back into iPhotos for anything, so I don't need iCloud anymore, hence why 3 years after I last owned an Apple product, I would now like to cancel.

Great. You can cancel. Details in the article.

My old iPhone is LONG gone. Am I just screwed? Am I doomed to pay for iCloud for the rest of my life? Do I have to buy a $1000 phone just so I can cancel a $10/month subscription? Do I have to buy windows just to install an app so I can then cancel?

No. No. No. No. Details in the article.

I asked in my post for people to not 'sanewash' their responses, because frankly that's insane amount of hoops to jump through just to cancel a $10/month subscription, and there is no way you're going to convince me that's normal and not anti-consumer, so I will ask again: Please don't.

No hoops.

And if it's not supported, then I guess I will just tell my credit card to revoke all payments to Apple and let Apple deal with my credit card. Turns out the brand that markets itself on user-friendliness and ease of use, doesn't use that same mantra when it's canceling a service.

It's very easy to cancel. Instructions in the article.

Oct 2, 2024 7:23 PM in response to muguy

You've got to be kidding me. You literally just posted the same exact useless help article that lead to me making this post.

You mean the iPhone I had 2 years ago? That I turned into Tmobile when I got a new phone?

I used to own an iPhone, I had probably 8 years of photos on my iPhotos, so I kept iCloud/iPhotos as a backup just in case after I transferred everything over to Google Photos.

It's been 3 years, I still pay for it, realized I have never gone back into iPhotos for anything, so I don't need iCloud anymore, hence why 3 years after I last owned an Apple product, I would now like to cancel.

My old iPhone is LONG gone. Am I just screwed? Am I doomed to pay for iCloud for the rest of my life? Do I have to buy a $1000 phone just so I can cancel a $10/month subscription? Do I have to buy windows just to install an app so I can then cancel?

I asked in my post for people to not 'sanewash' their responses, because frankly that's insane amount of hoops to jump through just to cancel a $10/month subscription, and there is no way you're going to convince me that's normal and not anti-consumer, so I will ask again: Please don't.

And if it's not supported, then I guess I will just tell my credit card to revoke all payments to Apple and let Apple deal with my credit card. Turns out the brand that markets itself on user-friendliness and ease of use, doesn't use that same mantra when it's canceling a service.

How to cancel an iCloud subscription through a Browser?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.