You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

I had copyied my Music library to a new location on a different disk & AMPLibraryAgent process is no ending

Hello

So I have copyed my Music Library from an external disk to an internal (after having done a Time Machine backup).

I relocated where Music Library is.

Music app has resyncronized the music files.

So now all my music is on Music app ready to listed, tagg editting & organizing.

But Activity Monitor reveals theres is a process AMPLibraryAgent active at 99% CPU.

When I close Music app a saving library pop up message appears & never ends.

It forces me to force the app to be closed.

I started this on Tuesday evening now is Thursday morning, it is taking more time than what i expected (31 hours & counting).

Is this normal? Music app just needs more time? Music app will be able to be closed & save the library as soon as AMPLibraryAgent process ends?

My computer is M2 & iOS Ventura 13.3.1

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Oct 2, 2024 11:51 PM

There are no replies.

I had copyied my Music library to a new location on a different disk & AMPLibraryAgent process is no ending

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.