You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Songs in playlists are automatically favorited when I "pause" using spacebar - MacOS Sequoia

Example:

When a song is playing (specifically in a playlist) and I press the spacebar to pause the song, the first press actually favorites the song. It then keeps playing until I press the spacebar again. It will then pause the song and then play, when pressed again:

Press spacebar - Add to Favorites

Press spacebar - Pause

Press spacebar - Play

So basically every song I pause with the keyboard gets added to my Favorites.

Is this something I'm missing in settings?

Details:

Sequoia 15.0 (24A335)

16" 2021 MBP M1

Please Help - Thank You

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 3, 2024 7:43 AM

3 replies

Oct 13, 2024 4:06 AM in response to BelgiumRoland

Thank you for your reply.

You put me on the way for a solution.

In the keyboard settings, I have "Keyboard navigation" enabled. When disabled, the space bar works as intended in the Music app. When this setting is enabled, the space bar add/remove the song as favorite on first press and pause/play on 2nd and 3rd presses.

I guess I'll still leave this setting enabled as it's a faster way to interact with controls on screen without getting the mouse (using tab to move and space to select).

However, I also found some kind of workaround. When playing a title, if I click on an empty space of the app first, to deselect the song (i.e does not appear highlighted in red), then the space bar works as intended even with "Keyboard navigation" enabled.

Songs in playlists are automatically favorited when I "pause" using spacebar - MacOS Sequoia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.