You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Music momentarily pausing when locking phone

Recently, since updating to iOS 18 I believe, my phone has begun momentarily pausing my music when I lock the phone. With Bluetooth and without, it pauses for a second before continuing after locking. It also does this upon waking up the phone. It might be worth noting that the delay seems to be longer when connected to a Bluetooth device and can sometimes be as long as about 3 seconds. It’s quite frustrating as it really ruins any immersion I have with my music. Additionally, another issue I have that I believe is related to this one, is that when using CarPlay, any music streaming my phone is streamed in terribly low quality because the car recognizes as call audio. However, when locking my phone, the car recognizes it once again as Bluetooth audio and plays the high quality version.

iPhone 13, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 3, 2024 4:14 PM

3 replies

Music momentarily pausing when locking phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.