You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Unable to sync Calendar App after iOS 18 update

Hello Community.

I'm having issues with my iOS calendar app. Since the iOS 18 upgrade many of the events in the native calendar (including Outlook, Google, etc.) are not syncing. I've nearly missed meetings and appointments, because when I open the apple native calendar app half of them are not visible. Then, I have to go into the Outlook and Google work calendars to see missing appointments. Even some events in my apple / person calendar are not present on my apple iPhone 14 Pro Max and new iPad 11 Pro. Flipping through multiple apps to find appointments and events is definitely inconvenient, confusing, and disconcerting. This is very disappointing. Apple, please fix it before the arrival of my iPhone 16 Pro Max!!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 3, 2024 10:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2024 10:37 AM

Any updates on this? Same issue on my iPhone 16 pro max. Have done everything possible with corporate IT, and I’ve reset the network settings on iPhone. Exchange calendar still does not sync with iPhone native Calendar or third party apps. Agree that is difficult to keep 2 calendars without double booking or missing meetings. Frustrating since this is a new problem that I haven’t had in the 8-10 years using the same setup.

This is clearly a widespread issue, reading comments on multiple sites (here, Reddit, Microsoft).

14 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 9, 2024 10:37 AM in response to sward5

Any updates on this? Same issue on my iPhone 16 pro max. Have done everything possible with corporate IT, and I’ve reset the network settings on iPhone. Exchange calendar still does not sync with iPhone native Calendar or third party apps. Agree that is difficult to keep 2 calendars without double booking or missing meetings. Frustrating since this is a new problem that I haven’t had in the 8-10 years using the same setup.

This is clearly a widespread issue, reading comments on multiple sites (here, Reddit, Microsoft).

Oct 15, 2024 7:54 AM in response to Clarabo36

Same here, since updating to IOS18, all of my calender entries have disappeared and when I try to restore them from my Icloud there are no calender events there either. Everything else is backed up, my notes, my photos, it's all there, just the calender is empty - it says no archives available. I am freaking out, it had ALL of my appointments and I have no idea what to do now. Help please

Oct 17, 2024 11:14 PM in response to AnsoBerlin

Me, too, and I am so so so very very unhappy ever since doing a Software Update to my iPhone 13 which is not even a year old. I never called Apple to ask for support to do an Update.

This Customer Support person Lisa instructed me to do this Software Update without warning me what would happen after the Software Update which I soon learned the Software Update was the IOS 18.0.1 and now I LOST ALL my contacts and my past present and future calendar appointments.

Now, they tell me they cannot help me to restore or recover my CONTACTS and my CALENDAR.

Apple Customer Support FAILED

Oct 17, 2024 11:26 PM in response to AnsoBerlin

Me, too! I have a “New” iPhone 13 which is not even a year old and …

Apple Customer Support actually misinformed me by instructing me to do a Software Update 18.0.1 and DID NOT warn me that I would loose my CONTACTS and my CALENDAR.

Now, I desperately need Apple Customer Support which appears to be non-existent to recover my CONTACTS and my CALENDAR.

Oct 18, 2024 1:50 PM in response to Mnot_Happy-

I DID have success with contacts, finally. From settings / contacts / contact accounts / exchange, uncheck contacts. Then force a reset of the phone and when it comes back online navigate back to the same place and re-check contacts. THEN on the contacts settings scroll down and change default account to exchange. Now when you go to contacts / lists you should see exchange and your contacts populating. I’ve got 3300 contacts it was fun to watch the number of contacts grow until it was done and now I’m ok. While the calendar issue is SO frustrating and apple support acts like I am the only one with the issue, It just has to be an ios18 issue and fingers crossed it will get resolved with the new AI update at the end of the month.

Unable to sync Calendar App after iOS 18 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.