You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Siri times out and closes text while editing text on lock screen

When I use Siri and send a text from the lock screen, I get about halfway through a message and then the screen times out, and I lose all of my text. Siri timeout settings are set to “longest“ in accessibility settings.

This didn’t used to be a problem, but, since probably iOS 15 or 16, Siri has been closing out my text messages from the lock screen while I am still editing them. It is infuriating!

All I needed to do is ask me if I am still there working on it, like it used to!

Help!

Posted on Oct 4, 2024 11:49 AM

1 reply

Oct 4, 2024 11:21 PM in response to MrJBass

Hi MrJBass,

welcome to the Appole (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "Siri times out and closes text while editing text on lock screen" "This didn’t used to be a problem,

but, since probably iOS 15 or 16, Siri has been closing out my text messages from the lock screen

while I am still editing them. It is infuriating!

Sorry you are continually facing this issue. I don't know of a way to solve that, ... unless you can always send any messages, texts, and SMS, MMS, from within the Messages app:

For iOS 18: (Sorry we don't know which device model or OS version you use):

How to: Set up Messages on iPhone - Apple Support or Send and reply to messages on iPhone - Apple Support

or

For iPadOS 18:

How to: Set up Messages on iPad - Apple Support or Send and reply to messages on iPad - Apple Support

Re: "Siri timeout settings are set to “longest“ in accessibility settings".

"All It needed to do is ask me if I am still there working on it, like it used to!

You may want to provide feedback about the accessibility feature on an Apple product:

If so, you can email the Accessibility team: accessibility@apple.com

They will likely not reply, yet your feedback will reach those who work behind-the-scenes and can make changes if others are also experiences similar issues.

All the best :-)

Siri times out and closes text while editing text on lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.