You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Home Sharing no longer works if your OS versions don't match (per Apple Support)

I have an intel-Mac running macOS and a M1-Mac running a different OS. I am using my older intel-Mac as a media server, and have Home Sharing turned on. I cannot stream to my M1-Mac unless I allow "guest users" (per Apple Support). I can stream to my iPad(s), my iPhone(s), and my AppleTV(s) just fine, just not between my Macs.

This saddens me, but I thought I should let the community know. I was, to say it politely, disappointment with the Apple Support response that by upgrading I had broken Home Sharing functionality (they actually stated that the different macOS versions was the cause of the issue; if your macOS versions don't match then you cannot share media)

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.7

Posted on Oct 6, 2024 9:18 AM

There are no replies.

Home Sharing no longer works if your OS versions don't match (per Apple Support)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.