You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Deleted the archive folder in mac mail and lost all my messages in all folders

I am using mac mail in my MacBook to manage my gmail account. I deleted my archive folder and I realised afterwards that all my mail folders emptied from all messages (thousands!) Researching I realised that in mac mail, the archive folder is somehow mapped to "all-mail" folder of gmail, and if you delete it , you delete all mails of gmail. If this is true it is a disaster for me. I have a very recent time machine backup. Can I use it to restore mac mail in the latest time machine image ? thank you for your help!

Antonis

PS. Any other recover help also more than welcome

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 8, 2024 8:08 AM

4 replies

Oct 8, 2024 8:57 AM in response to AlWeir

I did it. They disappeared also from there almost immediately. The only "encouraging' is that my gmail (google) storage meter still shows almost 8 GB which actually is the size of my gmail data prior to the delete...and when I reinstalled my gmail account in mac mail, ti was downloading for some time a number of almost 7.000 mails, but these never showed in a folder...

Deleted the archive folder in mac mail and lost all my messages in all folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.