You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Book sent as a gift can't be accepted - different App Store than mine

A dear friend of mine had a birthday and I decided to send him a digital book as a gift. The payment went through, but my friend wasn't able to receive the gift, because we're not in the same country anymore. But I didn't get an error message, although Apple should be absolutely aware if certain email is linked to certain App Store and they are not compatible with the sender's App Store.

I'm in Bulgaria he's in the US with the respected app stores.

Since I paid for the book, how do I at least get to read it myself, if he's not able to?

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 8, 2024 8:51 AM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2024 1:36 AM in response to Dimitter

Hi Dimitter

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "Book sent as a gift can't be accepted - different App Store than mine"

See if you can: Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

Re: "Since I paid for the book, how do I at least get to read it myself, if he's not able to?"

Apple Support's article: Gift apps, media, and more from Apple - Apple Support

says : "Cancel a gift

If you want to cancel a gift, you can contact Apple Support up to two days before scheduled delivery."

It may be worth checking with Apple Support (link above) anyway, to see what can be done.

or

Maybe try contacting Billing and Subscriptions Support from their website:

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

Book sent as a gift can't be accepted - different App Store than mine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.