You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple's AAC Codec vs. AptX for Bluetooth Audio – How to Optimize Sound Quality?

I’m curious about optimizing Bluetooth audio quality on Apple devices, specifically regarding the limitations of AAC vs. AptX codecs. I’ve noticed that my iPhone, which relies on the AAC codec, doesn’t deliver the same level of sound quality I’ve experienced with devices that support AptX (like my old Android phone).

Given that Apple hasn’t adopted AptX for any of its devices (iPhone, iPad, or even iPod), what are the best ways to enhance the listening experience using AAC? Are there certain Bluetooth headphones designed specifically to optimize AAC performance, or any settings tweaks that can improve audio fidelity?

I’ve been researching alternatives and came across brands like QKZ Headphones that claim to deliver excellent sound even when paired with Apple’s AAC codec. Has anyone tested these, or have you found any other options that maximize sound quality on Apple devices?

Looking forward to any suggestions or advice on getting the best out of Bluetooth audio in the Apple ecosystem.

iPhone 16 Pro

Posted on Oct 8, 2024 6:18 PM

There are no replies.

Apple's AAC Codec vs. AptX for Bluetooth Audio – How to Optimize Sound Quality?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.