You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPod won't appear in iTunes when plugged in.

My mothers had used her iPod and then she put it into sleep but a song was still keeping its place and when i plugged it in to test something it would appear as a external HDD but would not appear in iTunes but I want to restore it to but I can't get it to show up on itunes how can I restore it? P.S It was not used for probably 2-3 weeks and I think it's either a 6 or 7th gen

iPod Classic

Posted on Oct 9, 2024 4:47 AM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2024 11:36 AM in response to j-d2024

j-d2024 wrote:

My mothers had used her iPod and then she put it into sleep but a song was still keeping its place and when i plugged it in to test something it would appear as a external HDD but would not appear in iTunes but I want to restore it to but I can't get it to show up on itunes how can I restore it? P.S It was not used for probably 2-3 weeks and I think it's either a 6 or 7th gen

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

iPod won't appear in iTunes when plugged in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.