You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Help Disabling Touch Controls on Lenovo Earbuds

Hi everyone,

After trying out several pairs of AirPods, I decided to switch to Lenovo earbuds and successfully connected them to my iPhone. They work great for answering calls on various apps like Phone, FaceTime, WhatsApp, Viber, etc.

However, I've noticed that whenever I touch the Lenovo earbuds, it either disconnects the call or activates Siri. When I go to Settings > Bluetooth > (i), I don’t see any specific settings for the earbuds since they aren't an Apple product.

I've already tried disabling Siri under Settings > Siri & Search:

• Talk to Siri = Off
  • Allow Siri When Locked = Off
  • I’ve also turned off all related sliders in that menu.

Does anyone know how to disable the touch controls on third-party earbuds to prevent them from triggering any actions?

iPhone 13, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 9, 2024 6:21 AM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2024 3:00 PM in response to paymanafzal

Hi paymanafza

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: Help Disabling Touch Controls on Lenovo Earbuds :

"However, I've noticed that whenever I touch the Lenovo earbuds, it either disconnects the call or activates Siri

You may want to see if Apple Support's online article (link below) can help trouble-shoot the disconnections:

If the sound from your wireless headphones cuts out or is distorted - Apple Support

Re: "When I go to Settings > Bluetooth > (i),

I don’t see any specific settings for the earbuds since they aren't an Apple product."

Wondering if Lenovo makes available an app, or firmware updates, for the earBuds (ie: to keep them compatible).

You may have instructions that came with your the earBuds, or can contact the manufacturer's support webpage.

Pair a third-party Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Re: "whenever I touch the Lenovo earbuds, it either disconnects the call or activates Siri". :"Does anyone know

how to disable the touch controls on third-party earbuds to prevent them from triggering any actions?"

Aha! You may be touching the earBuds in such a way that you accidentally turn those features off / on ?

I don't know how to disable the touch controls, however if you have Lenovo True Wireless Earbuds (Lenovo SE-631TWC) : This Lenovo webpage: may help you take control of the touch triggered actions.

Eg: says:

"Q: Does the Lenovo True Wireless Earbuds support touch functions?

A: Yes. Below is a list of touch commands:

To play/pause: Tap the touch panel of the left/right earbuds twice.

To Pick/Hang up call: Tap the touch panel of the left/right earbuds twice.

To Reject call: Press the left/right earbud touch panel and hold 2 seconds.

To next song/previous: Press the left earbud touch panel and hold 2 seconds to previous song.

Press the right earbud touch panel and hold 2 seconds to next song."

NB Siri: "Activate voice assistant: Tap the touch panel of the left/right earbuds 3 times".

NB: "Bluetooth disconnected into pairing mode: Tap the touch panel of the left/right earbuds 7 times".

To turn on/off earbuds manually: When the earbuds are not in the charging box,

press and hold for 5 seconds to turn on and 8 seconds to turn off."

All the best :-)

Help Disabling Touch Controls on Lenovo Earbuds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.