You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Allowing Access to YouTube Music

I'm trying to transfer my playlist data from Apple Music to YouTube Music, but I'm having issues. I found this online support document - Transfer a copy of your Apple Music playlists to another service.

Following the support post, I go to https://privacy.apple.com/ and click on 'Transfer a copy of your data'; I then come to a page where I can 'Choose what you would like to export'. However, once I click 'Apple Music Playlists, ' I get the following error: "You cannot continue with the transfer as the authorisation failed. - Return to the authorisation page and verify that you have granted apple.com permissions to add to your YouTube music."

I've completed several steps to try and resolve this but have yet to be successful.

1. Purchased another Apple Music Subscription
  2. Re-authorised my Apple Music App
  3. Signed into Apple.com and looked for a place I could Connect YouTube to my Apple Account.
  4. Read through the YouTube docs & Reddit threads of similar topics.
  5. I Uninstalled all of my browser extensions, including adblockers.

I'm not sure what to do next. Has anyone else encountered a similar issue?

iMac Pro, 14.6

Posted on Oct 9, 2024 7:59 AM

1 reply

Allowing Access to YouTube Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.