You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

HomePod 1st & 2nd gen having audio issues after HomePodOS 18 update. HomePod mini’s are not affected. What’s happening?

I’ve updated my HomePods (both large and mini). After updating to the latest HomePodOS 18, my large HomePods, 1st & 2nd generation, will play normally for a little bit, then one of the 4 starts making crackling noises. I pause the audio, restart audio and it plays for a little bit, then a different HomePod starts with the crackling noises. Sometimes they get stuck in a “loop” and sounds like an echo. Again, pausing the playback stops it for a bit but it ultimately returns. I have tried removing them from the home app and resetting each HomePod, then reconnecting them. Still doesn’t resolve it. I am playing audio and video through Apple TV, and yes, the AppleTV OS is up to date as well. I have unplugged both Apple TV and HomePods, waited a few minutes, then plugged them back in, and that still doesn’t not resolve the issue. Any suggestions?

HomePod

Posted on Oct 9, 2024 4:39 PM

There are no replies.

HomePod 1st & 2nd gen having audio issues after HomePodOS 18 update. HomePod mini’s are not affected. What’s happening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.